This is a delicious salad that serves beautifully as an entrée. It’s light and full of nutrients (particularly if you use spinach and kale in the lettuce mix), and simple to prepare. I’m sorry there aren’t photos – we ate it before I thought to take a picture!
(I’ve listed amounts for the ingredients, but in all honestly, it’s a salad! You’ll figure out how much of each ingredient you want to use while you’re making it.)
– Preheat the oven to 350°F.
– Place the quinoa and vegetable stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the stock is absorbed. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
– Coat the diced sweet potatoes with 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil and the pepper, salt, and cayenne. Transfer to a sheet pan and roast until crisp (about 20 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool.
– In a small dish, combine the lemon juice and the remaining 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
– Assemble salad: Pour lemon dressing over mixed greens. Scatter quinoa over the lettuce, sprinkle with cranberries, add the sweet potato, and top with cheese (if using
This salad is a perfect main dish, served with roasted asparagus or a thick, crusty bread. If you’re serving wine, I like it with a Sauvignon blanc or Riesling if you like white, or Sangiovese if you prefer red.